"As a young engineer, Eric turned his ideas into a portfolio of patents, raised money, built a product and created a successful company. He has since developed a deep understanding of patent licensing and monetization."
MANAGING PARTNER AT TECHNOVIEW IP INC
Eric founded TechnoView IP Inc. in 2009 to assist patent owners license or sell their intellectual property. TechnoView represents clients in negotiations with medical device, medical imaging, financial service, and consumer electronics firms.
TechnoView has been an infringement consultant to licensing firms including Intellectual Ventures LLC, Wi-LAN Corporation, Fergason Licensing LLC, Acacia Research Corporation and many others.
TechnoView is a founding member of Visual Audio LLC, a patent licensing entity with widely used technology for the video game industry.
About 20% of TechnoView’s clients are university professors (both active and retired) who created and patented new innovations. The other 80% are small- to mid-sized companies in North America, Europe, and Asia.
From 2005-2008, Eric worked as Vice President of Medical and Optics Portfolios at Acacia Research Corporation (ticker: ACTG).
Earlier, he founded Remote Medical Corporation a manufacturer of Internet-enabled home healthcare devices. He licensed the patents and technology to firms in Asia.
TechnoView developed a line of test and measurement devices using A/D converters that were enhanced for greater accuracy with a patented technique. Eric built a sales rep team covering the US, Canada and Mexico to sell those devices. TechnoView also developed a video image processing circuit for ultrasound imaging devices that was sold to Mentor Ophthalmic.
Eric received BS and MS engineering degrees from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He worked at Hughes Aircraft Company (El Segundo, CA) on targeting systems before leaving to start his first company. Offsite Computers was a “gray” market IBM PC dealer that Eric founded in Torrance, CA. He had a passion for inventing new products and eventually met a physician needing a specialized intravenous infusion pump for his cancer patients. They founded I-Flow Corporation in 1984 and developed a miniature multiple drug infusion pump for the home health care market.
Eric raised over $8.5 million from private investors before I-Flow’s initial public offering in 1990 (NASDAQ ticker: IFLO). He left I-Flow shortly thereafter and founded TechnoView.
Many years later, I-Flow's annual revenues exceeded $130 million and the infusion pump product line was sold for $112 million (2007). Then in 2009, Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) acquired I-Flow and its other medical pumps and devices for $324 million.
Robert AsherPatent Office Litigation Chair, Sunstein Kann Murphy & Timbers LLP
"Eric is an extremely brilliant engineer, whose understanding of patent licensing and litigation is very profound. He understands numerous technological fields, knows the key players in his areas of expertise, realizes the legal ramifications of claim construction and analysis, and demonstrates uniquely valuable business judgment."
Cameron TousiManaging Partner at IP Law Leaders PLLC
List of Eric's Patents
Click to View Images of Production and Prototype Devices